Friday, December 23, 2005

Merry Christmas!! It is a bit early, I know, but as Arr! and I will be joining the rest of the family in Frankfurt for a cruise up the Rhine River to Amsterdam, I figured I'd write now and wish you all a very happy holiday and a wonderful New Year. In celebration, I thought I'd post my letter from my old friend Father Christmas, who is no doubt a bit busy right now. I wrote to him a while back and he very thoughtfully responded to both me and J!. J! was a bit confused when he got his letter--he couldn't figure out how St. Nicholas had gotten his address.

Ein frohes Weihnachtsfest und alles Gute zum Neuen Jahr!


Even the envelope is cute!



It is hard to see in this picture, but the house behind him has "Post" written on it and the little symbol above the door is the Deutsche Post emblem!

The letter reads:

Dear Darcy [handwritten!]
Wow!! What a wonderful surprise it was today when the doorbell rang and the postman handed me your letter! I read it straight away and really enjoyed it! Because I know how exciting it is to receive letters I am writing back to you at once.
I believe you're looking forward to Christmas as much as I am. We're already counting down the days here. However you need all the time you can get at Christmas--I need every single hour so I can grant the wishes of all the children. Sometimes though even I don't have enough time; although I do try my best! Hopefully you won't be disappointed if you don't get everything you want.
However you can have a small present from me today. I've put some colourful Christmas cards in the envelope for you. I'm sure you have friends and relations who would love a handmade card and a few lines from you! Please don't forget to say hello from Father Christmas as well!!

Oh! The elves are calling me--a heavy new sack full of Christmas lists has just arrived!

I wish you and your family a very special Christmas!

Your old friend,
Father Christmas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home